Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Closing a Chapter

Have you ever been seriously over whelmed by so many people caring?

That's how I felt today. It was my last day at the Thrift Shop and I was so over whelmed (still am) by how much love everyone poured over me, the customer and volunteers. I have loved my time there and made so many new friends. I could not have done it with out all the hard work of the volunteers and I feel so close to each one of them, makes it very hard to leave. And I have gotten to know so many customers at a personal level as well, I even gained an Oma. I grew up with no grand parents and this sweet little lady thought that was the most horrible thing ever and adopted me as one of hers, she and many others have been such a blessing. Exactly what I needed at this stage in my life. The day was filled with gifts, tears and hugs.... I feel sooo blessed.

My supper consists of junk food today as I try and finish all the chocolate and other goodies that were given to me.

It really is bitter sweet, we are excited about our new chapter but it's always so hard closing the old one.

I feel some what lost thinking I don't have to go back to work any more. But trust God will continue to guide us.....

Until next time:)

4 comments:

  1. Way to be faithful and see that life isn't about what we own or have. Life with God is an adventure. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun and do God's will and he will bless you and he will always be there for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna miss you guys around here, but I'm really looking forward to hearing what you've been up to...by the way...sorry if this comment appears more than once...I'm having a little computer trouble today.

    ReplyDelete